[mrtg] WINNT monitoring.

rgiri at dentalxchange.com rgiri at dentalxchange.com
Thu Oct 18 01:26:27 MEST 2001

I have the followed the procedure outlined in the
http://www.wn.com.au/psimmo/

I was able to get results but I had few questions regarding modification to
the cfg.

I looked into the cfg file generated after running mkcfg.pl on the csv file
generated, it looks like:

Title[server1-1]:\\server1\Http Indexing Service\Total requests rejected
Pagetop[server1-1]: <H1>\\server1\Http Indexing Service\Total requests
rejected</H1>
MaxBytes[server1-1]: 4000000000
Options[server1-1]: gauge, nopercent
Target[server1-1]: `perl getlog.pl c:\perflogs\serevr1.csv "\\server1\Http
Indexing Service\Total requests rejected"`
YLegend[server1-1]: .
ShortLegend[server1-1]:
LegendO[server1-1]:
LegendI[server1-1]:
Legend2[server1-1]:
Legend1[server1-1]:

Title[server1-3]:\\server1\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time
Pagetop[server1-3]: <H1>\\server1\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time</H1>
MaxBytes[server1-3]: 4000000000
Options[server1-3]: gauge, nopercent
Target[server1-3]: `perl getlog.pl c:\perflogs\server1.csv
"\\server1\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time"`
YLegend[server1-3]: .
ShortLegend[server1-3]:
LegendO[server1-3]:
LegendI[server1-3]:
Legend2[server1-3]:
Legend1[server1-3]:

Is it possible to change the Options ? What are the possible values of the
options? Where can I find more on how the calculations are made for
generating the graphs, so that I can check the values. What is the
significance of each individual item like
(maxbytes,options,ylegend,shortlegend,legendO,legecdl,legend2,legend1).

Regards,
Rumpa