[mrtg] Re: Web

Dowling, Steve Steve.Dowling at tafensw.edu.au
Thu Oct 18 01:33:21 MEST 2001

Paul,

Logging the time it takes to load a web page is exactly what I've been
looking for for some time!  What is it called; where do I get hold of it?

Steve Dowling

<edited>

As for timing the pages, there is a script out there that will
graph the amount of time it takes to load a specific page.
I don't use it, but it does look interesting.  I may start playing
around with it after I get some things wrapped up with my
existing projects.

Paul

>>> "Eric Lim CK" <limck at csam.com.my> 10/17/01 06:19AM >>>
Hi Paul,

> It all depends.
>
> What OS are you using?

I would like to monitor the IIS  (NT) and apache  (Linux, Solaris, HPUX)

> Where is the webpage with respect to the monitoring system?
Would like to monitor webpage on every web server that we host

> Do you want to measure the time it takes to load?
It would be great to have this info

> Do you want to verify the content on the webpage?
Yes

> Do you want to make sure other pages work too, or just the initial page?
For start, just want to make sure initial page work fine. Would like to
check other pages as well in future

> Do you have access to the web logs?
No issue on this

you assist are very much appreciate