[mrtg] Calculating averages

David Knecht david.knecht at anyweb.ch
Thu Oct 18 15:02:12 MEST 2001

I can't figure out how the averages shown in the four default MRTG
graphics are calculated.

Which numbers in the log file are used to compute the daily averages?

I assume the first number to take is the first one which is normalized
to a 5 minute boundary. From here, I will use the next 399 data points
and average them. Unfortunately, this does not return the averages shown
in the PNG file...

Any help related to the computation of the weekly, monthly and yearly
averages is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for assistance, David

PS: My question is not related to how the averages within the log file
are computed!