[mrtg] VPN Stats

Goldberg, Joseph Joseph.Goldberg at cendant.com
Thu Oct 18 19:59:15 MEST 2001

I have a Cisco 2621 router that is acting as a LAN to LAN VPN router (no
accelerator card).  I have 3 VPN tunnels set up in it.  I would like to be
able to monitor the utilization of each of these tunnels with MRTG.

I have search the archives and MIB Central but I cannot seem to find
(although that does not mean it is not there) a MIB variable that will
return Bytes IN and Bytes OUT on each of these tunnels.

Has anyone gotten a config to work for this or a similar configuration?  Any
insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Goldberg
Lead Network Architect
Cendant IT, Network Architecture
Garden City, NY  11530
Email: Joseph.Goldberg at Cendant.com

The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and
its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
other defects. The sender's employer is not liable for any loss or damage
arising in any way from this message or its attachments.