[mrtg] Re: VPN Stats

Travis Dawson tdawson at bluemartini.com
Tue Oct 30 21:18:36 MET 2001

At 09:59 AM 10/18/2001, Goldberg, Joseph wrote:
>I have a Cisco 2621 router that is acting as a LAN to LAN VPN router (no
>accelerator card).  I have 3 VPN tunnels set up in it.  I would like to be
>able to monitor the utilization of each of these tunnels with MRTG.
If you are using GRE + Encryption then you can monitor the Tunnel
interfaces you created. But IF you are using IPSEC alone, you cannot get
any stats that are useful. I user Cisco 7120's and set everything up as GRE
+ Encryption and MRTG gets them just as if they were another interface.
-tdawson
-Network Geek (Bit Pusher)
-BlueMartini Software