[mrtg] Upgrade Failed

Bohnenstiehl, Joe joe.bohnenstiehl at wcg.com
Fri Oct 19 12:39:09 MEST 2001

Help.
I attempted to go from 2.9.14 to 2.9.17 on a Solaris-2.8 system.  Perl was
upgraded on the system after the old version of MRTG was installed to
perl-5.6.1

Any time I try to collect I get;
>/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /opt/apache/htdocs/MRTG/Configs/STLS_SSNOC.cfg
WARNING: Expected a number but got '#<unprintable BER type 0x81>'
WARNING: Expected a number but got '#<unprintable BER type 0x81>'

I attempted to remove the 2.9.17 and go back to 2.9.14 and still get the
same results.
I also removed and re-installed the associated packages gd, libpng, zlib.

Has anyone seen this before

Thanks,

Joe Bohnenstiehl
Wiliams Communications.