[mrtg] Log file names - argh..

John Jackson j.jackson at umassp.edu
Fri Oct 19 16:45:07 MEST 2001

Hi all:

     I have dutifully made a real effort to find the answer to this
question in the docs.  I can't though.  So, if it's in the manual, I will
happily RTFM if you can point me to where :)

     What is the best way to try and deal with log file names changing
when I use cfgmaker to re-create my mrtg.cfg with different options?  I
would like to use some of the newest options for the type of names and
descriptions that cfgmaker can now do but whenever I do, the mrtg.cfg file
that I get causes mrtg to create log files with new names instead of using
my existing log files (and the history they contain, which I want to
retain).  I agree that this sounds like it would have to be something that
someone has already asked about - so, I apologize if I have overlooked it
in the documentation somewhere.  Thanks for your time.

-John Jackson
University of Massachusetts Information Systems