[mrtg] Re: Graphs won't update...Please Help...Cont

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Fri Oct 19 15:55:32 MEST 2001

# -------------8< snip
> WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
> WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  How do I test my snmp?  I'm running
> windows 2000 sp2.  I've recreated the public community.  my next step is
> removing and readding the snmp service.   Any suggestions?

This sometimes happens to me on my WindowsME box at home (I monitor my
Internet traffic) after I first boot my PC, some how the SNMP service
doesn't start.

Re-add the snmp service, that should do it.

You could search the registry for 'ValidCommunities', that will confirm your
Community string.

Since your using a Windows box, have you looked at Mr Daemon?
Go to www.geocities.com/mrtg_daemon, it's worth a look, that's if geocities
hasn't taken it off line again :-(

There is also a MRTG GUI config maker for us lazy people, lol

HTH

David Sawyer

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.