[mrtg] ipfilter and net-snmpd

Omer Faruk Sen ofsenmrtg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 18:40:38 MEST 2001

Hi;

I have installed net-snmpd to my firewall (Which I can
just access to). It doesn't seems to be secure but the
only way I can do is that. (I dont have access to
router) I have set up my ipfilter (which runs on a
OpenBSD 2.9-release machine) to accept all queries
from my internal web server that mrtg runs on. But it
seems that I can not get all traffic. I can query
snmpd server with

#snmpwalk my_firewalls_external_ip Community_Name

Why I am not  getting all traffic of my system? Or
what you suggest me to setup ipfilter as? I am only
allowing  to my webserver to access my external_ip:161
and I can see that traffic with running tcpdump on my
firewall.

PS: There is something different that  Can I query my
router for my routers traffic and run mrtg(web server)
which is behind my firewall that has private ip? As
shown in ascii art (I am not that good about ascii
art: )