[mrtg] Re: Confused by MRTG!

Jon Heugh jon at heugh.com
Mon Oct 29 13:37:20 MET 2001

In & Out is relative to the device you are monitoring.

So if your monitoring the Router port going to your Server
then In is traffic going from your server into the router (i.e. Web page
requests)
and Out traffic is going from the router to your server (i.e. Web page
content)

If your monitoring your router port going to the ISP link the in/out would
be reversed.