[mrtg] mrtg log file

Edgardo Mina edgardo at staff.singnet.com.sg
Mon Sep 3 06:06:28 MEST 2001

Hi Tobi and rest of the MRTG gurus,

I am having this problem on the new version of mrtg (2.9.17), on log file,
I know that the first line of the log file is referring to the counters of
interface on the recent run of mrtg, but when the interface is not
reachable it gives a value of minus 1 ( -1 ), when having snmp no response
or link going to the machine which I poll could have some network problem.
Is there a way that I can removed this minus 1 ( -1 ) value of the first
line and instead put the recent value before the error on snmp occur. can
anyone help me to work on this problem how to solve and do  need to go on
the source code of the mrtg.

hope to here from anyone of you mrtg gurus out there.

thanks and regards,
edgardo