[mrtg] Re: What do the values in the "[]" mean?

Lars Holmström lars.holmstrom at flysta.net
Wed Sep 5 23:29:41 MEST 2001

I've played a little with this. My understanding is exactly what is in the
doc's.

First it is used as label in order to identify the various items in the
config file so that values/parameters will belong to the correct target. You
are free to name your target according to your own ideas. This may be
"xyz123" or "ethernet1" or "MyPrivateLine".

Second it is used for naming the files.

/Lars