[mrtg] FW: How does one debug SNMP errors?

M.Hoogstad lupinum at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 8 13:18:21 MEST 2001

I think this is some sort of protocoll error as you get a "out of sequence"
error for the PDU "protocoll data unit". you should check the snmp version
on the target is the same version (v2.0) as you run on the MRTG server ( You
might want to (re)install some newer snmp RPM's on your Linux-mrtg-server).
Also... you said that you get this mess twice a day; does that mean polling
for the rest of the day goes fine?

Good Luck

Lupinum