[mrtg] MRTG 2.9.17 Template Files

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Tue Sep 11 07:12:27 MEST 2001

The MRTG 2.9.17 template files appear to provide a way to eliminate the
changes that I've made to cfgmaker and mrtg in the past.  In cfgmaker, I
normally replace the PageTop with <!--#include ... > statement to include a
standard header that specifies a standard cascading style sheet that defines
the page layout and fonts.

Also, I modify mrtg to change the layout of the table below each graph.  I
set the width of the table to that of the graph and add a header to the
table that labels the Maximum, Average, and Current columns.  This provides
more horizontal space for displaying the utilization rates on Gigabit
network.

Does anyone have an example template file that they would be willing to
share?  Although I have modified cfgmaker and mrtg, Perl is not my forte.  I
need to see an example to figure out what I can do.

A lot of work went into the logic to support templates.  How likely is it to
disappear?

Merton Campbell Crockett