[mrtg] Re: off-topic - rrdtool integration & authentication

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at k332.feld.cvut.cz
Thu Sep 20 00:02:14 MEST 2001

Hi,

> protected by the Apache authentication method (htaccess).

> However, how can I protect the dynamic generated graphics from viewing by
> the other customers ? Please point me in the right direction if this is not
> the right place to post this question.

You can use feature "referer" in the Apache. Browser tells him from what page
goes. Only scripts called from index pages on My server are displayed.

Example:
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://my.customers-web.com" local_ref
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/mrtg-cgi/">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from env=local_ref
</Directory>

This can be combined with classic ".htaccess".

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka