[mrtg] squid cacheCurrentSwapSize - values not saved?

Robin Stevens robin.stevens at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Sep 21 20:30:17 MEST 2001

Hi,

I'm setting up MRTG monitoring of our squid webcache cluster.  However I'm
running into problems monitoring the cache swap size.

My configuration contains the following:

Target[swap]: cacheCurrentSwapSize&cacheCurrentSwapSize:public at foo.webcache:port
Title[swap]: Swap
PageTop[swap]: <h1>Foo Cache Statistics: Swap Size </H1>
Suppress[swap]: y
LegendI[swap]:  swap (kb)
LegendO[swap]:
Legend1[swap]:  swap size (kb)
Legend2[swap]:
ShortLegend[swap]: <SMALL></SMALL>
Options[swap]: nopercent, gauge, growright
YLegend[swap]: size

The graphs output show a swapsize of zero, but looking at swap.log:

1001096400 103217804 103217804
1001096400 0 0 0 0
1001096101 0 0 0 0
1001096100 0 0 0 0

It seems that the correct values (around 100GB) are being read from the
cache host but not saved on the next update.  I have a similar entry for
cache filedescriptor usage, (cacheCurrentUnusedFDescrCnt, as I understand
it another gauge variable) and this is updating fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,
	Robin
--