[mrtg] Question

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Tue Sep 25 17:30:16 MEST 2001

I have been using the latest MRTG for a few weeks now and all is well.
However, on one of my routers, a 5500 Cisco catalyst, I had a bad
broadcast storm from a faulty RSM module. This spiked all the Vlans
coming in to over 60 MB which in turn squashed the real results.
My question is, is there a setting or option in the configuration that
defines the max amount of bandwidth that I can see from any given
connection or port on the 5500? That way I can set it for 15 MB, which
we would rarely burst to, and if the broadcast storm does happen again,
it would max out at 15MB. I seem to remember seeing something about that
setting somewhere.
Thanks.
Kerry

--