[mrtg] Re: Catalyst 5509

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Thu Sep 27 12:59:39 MEST 2001

Hello,
	Generally I use --descint, --ifdesc=descr, and --ifref=descr. That way
I get filenames and URLs that resemble the name of the interface as
you'd see them in CLI (e.g. FastEthernet0/1 files might look like
FastEthernet0_1) and in the rare cases where SNMP interface numbers
change after a reboot or upgrade, graphs stay continuous. Getting
--ifdesc=alias to work would involve setting an alias in CLI on the
Catalyst I'm guessing.

Best regards,
James