[mrtg] Re: .old files

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Sep 27 22:25:47 MEST 2001

Aw, c'mon.  Things haven't been that bad lately.  I think people
are either asking fewer redundant questions or are starting to
use the faq and archives a little more...

Plus, that's an easy one to flame on...

Here's a question.  Anyone know what the .old file is used for?
(I know, I just want to see how many out in the audience know)

Paul

>>> "Chirhart, Brian" <bchirhart at fnni.com> 09/27/01 03:18PM >>>

I got flamed on this question just over a week ago, so expect double as
much!!

It is in TFM -

Here was Paul Williamson very generous response...

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/logfile.html

but...

First line is that stamp of the last read, value one, value two.

All lines after that are in the form of

last 300 second increment, "normalized" value one, "normalized"
value two, max for value one during that last hour, max for value
two during the last hour.

Usually value one and two are "incoming bytes" and "outgoing bytes"
respectively.