[mrtg] Re: Help with Cisco Switches

Dana Hudes dhudes at hudes.org
Fri Sep 28 15:15:27 MEST 2001

regarding ports which are operationally down, mrtg by default ignores them.
It would be really good if folks would read the man pages which come with mrtg before asking questions.
Clearly shown in the cfgmaker man page:
       --no-down         do not look at admin or opr status of interfaces

        --show-op-down    show interfaces which are operatively down

For those of you who have systems on the Internet to monitor and are struggling with getting MRTG to work,
my firm, Advanced Solutions, offers outsourced monitoring. I'm tweaking and enhancing the functionality
available; not just MRTG but various CAIDA tools.
If you have lots of stuff to monitor either we can set up and operate a Linux PC on your network or I can
be engaged as a consultant to assist your staff in deploying network monitoring.  Contact me off-list to discuss.