[mrtg] Re: no SNMP Response

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Thu Apr 4 20:20:56 MEST 2002

> Hi there,
> please read first, then can shot stone to my head :-)
OK.

> Question : what they can did on their side ? I asked them,
> but no acceptable answer received.

There are a lot of things your customers could have done.  ;)

Basically, the only thing that's not working anymore is snmp, right?  The
first three possibilities that come to mind are:
- access lists:  it's possible that your customer applied an access list to
snmp on the AS5300, and you're not in it;  or they removed an existing acess
list
- basic snmp configuration: maybe they changed the community string; maybe
they removed the snmp configuration entirely (sometimes this happens by
accident in an IOS upgrade)
- transport between your two sites:  they may have changed something in
their firewall that is no longer allowing snmp through

HTH, and good luck.

-gabrielle
"Gravity:  It's not just a good idea, it's the law."
- mrtg questions sent to me privately will not be answered. -
- please use the list!                                      -