[mrtg] Polling Problem

Steve Baker sfb at nutshells.org
Fri Apr 5 23:38:17 MEST 2002

So, I think this may be a problem with the router as opposed
to a problem with mrtg, but, I thought I would run it past you
folks and see if anyone had any ideas/suggestions.

I have a Cisco 3640 running 12.2(2)T1 with a working fast ethernet
port and a frame-relay interface/sub interface. I recently setup
MRTG and RRDtool to snmp poll them and everything was working great.
I also had routers.cgi working as a front end, but I doubt that has
anything to do with this.

Then, all of a sudden, I stopped getting average incoming transfer
rate and maximum incoming transfer rate statistics from the FR
interfaces. The fast ethernet port is working just fine.

The log now looks like this:

1018041301 2183111109 3833172428
1018041301 0 143375 0 143375
1018041003 0 125305 0 125305
1018041000 0 125305 0 125390
1018040700 0 125484 0 139598
1018040400 0 139582 0 139598
1018040100 0 137209 0 137211
1018039800 0 91820 0 137045

I've tried a few things to fix this including, removing all my
.log, .png files and starting over, disabling RRDtool, using a
new mrtg config file and reseting snmp on the Cisco. All to no
avail.

Anyone else have any problems like this?