[mrtg] Incorrect Speeds to log file and graph

Chris Dohan dohan at WPI.EDU
Mon Apr 8 22:49:33 MEST 2002

The other day the power went off and when I restarted mrtg wouldn't work
correctly. The speeds are being reported incorrectly. I could have around
300kilobytes per second of bandwidth and mrtg reports less than 1 kilobyte
per second. I finally did get it working again by creating a new config file
using a different "Working Directory", so mrtg had to re-create the .log
files from scratch. This works, however I want to use my old .log files so
the rest of the data will be displayed. There are no errors or warnings from
rateup about a corrupted log file. The config files I also tested, and are
fine. I can't figure out what is wrong. Any suggestions appreciated.