[mrtg] Re: LogDir set, but errors and warnings still appearingin Event log

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Apr 9 17:18:36 MEST 2002

Actually, I think it's all or nothing.  Meaning you either use WorkDir, or all the others.  I've not had good luck using WorkDir with, say, LogDir.  I ended up having to use LogDir, HtmlDir, ImageDir together and
leave out the WorkDir completely for items to go into the right directories.

Paul

>>> "Hunt, Chris" <cjhunt at lehman.COM> 04/09/02 10:58AM >>>

Hi,

I think that WorkDir is a global option that overrides the specific logdir
and htmldir settings. So you'll maybe need to use htmldir as well if you
want to separate out that way.

In fact, to quote TFM:-
---
GLOBAL PARAMETERS

WorkDir
WorkDir specifies where the logfiles and the webpages should be created.

Example:

 WorkDir: /usr/tardis/pub/www/stats/mrtg
OPTIONAL GLOBAL PARAMETERS

HtmlDir
HtmlDir specifies the directory where the html (or shtml, but we'll get on
to those later,) lives.

NOTE: Workdir overides the settings for htmldir, imagedir and logdir

Example:

 Htmldir: /www/mrtg/

ImageDir
ImageDir specifies the directory where the images live, they should be under
the html directory.

Example:

 Imagedir: /www/mrtg/images

LogDir
LogDir specifies the directory where the logs are stored. This need not be
under htmldir directive.

Example:

 Logdir: /www/mrtg/logs
---