[mrtg] Re: Disk-usage

Kevin Myers km at gcom.co.th
Sat Apr 13 06:23:41 MEST 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:25:49 +0200, you wrote:

>On Friday 12 April 2002 16:07, Frédéric LE BASTARD wrote:
>> I have excatly the same problem on 2 RedHAt linux 7.2 boxes. I had to
>> write a small shell script wich does the job. It greps the output
>> from 'df -k' and automatically send a ftp to the mrtg main server
>> wich processes the file.
>
>I'm also using RH 7.2. Interesting.
>I'll compile ucd-smnp by myself and look what happens.
>I don't want to use a shellscript because I have to fetch those
>informations from another server.

Funny that this came up here at nearly the same time as I brought it up on
the snmp users list:

> Is there a reason that anyone can think of why, if I uncomment the disk /
> 10000 line in snmpd.conf snmpd refuses to start and produces a core dump?
>
> UCD-SNMP version 4.2.3
> Linux RH7 Kernel 2.2-19

It's a bug in the RedHat RPM.  It works fine if compiled from source.
I believe there's a patch due out to fix it, but I checked the FTP
site yesterday, and couldn't spot it then.

(Reply courtesy of Dave Shield <D.T.Shield at csc.liv.ac.uk>)