[mrtg] mysterious mrtg errors

elliot schlegelmilch elliot at esus.cs.montana.edu
Tue Apr 16 06:40:22 MEST 2002

I've used mrtg before several times, and haven't had any problems. so
this is very strange to me. I'd prefer not to post, however i can't
possibly think of anything to search for.  my problem is this: nothing
comes back to me in my workdir. mrtg appears to work ok, it gives the
usual complaints if snmpd is not running.  i don't know how do debug
perl, and mrtg isn't giving me hints to whats going on. i'm running
net-snmpd, mrtg-2.9.18pre4 all from the freebsd ports tree. i'm pretty
sure my config files are ok, but i can send them if necessary.
thanks,

elliot