[mrtg] 6509/CiscoCatalystPortName OID as --ifref

Jason Lixfeld jlixfeld at fastvibe.com
Thu Apr 18 20:36:16 MEST 2002

Greetings,

I'm running 2.9.18pre7/rrdtools on Redhat 7.2.

I'm trying to get cfgmaker to generate a config for a CatOS based 6509,
except I want to use the output from the CiscoCatalystPortName OID as
the interface reference, per interface.  The reasoning for this is
because as long as my descriptions stay the same, I can a move
connections between ports of the same or different media types, etc and
all I need to do is ensure the port description is the same in order to
maintain the same rrd's.  I've scanned the archives but haven't been
able to find anything that gives me any decent information on this.  The
stock cfgmaker doesn't appear to be able to do this.

Any help available?