[mrtg] MRTG Error doing uprate

David Manchado dmanchado at eurociber.es
Tue Apr 23 13:21:56 MEST 2002

Hi all,

First of all, maybe this wouldn't be the appropiate list to explain my
problem and I apologize if someone thinks so.

I'm using MRTG to graph BGP4 Prefixes announced to my AS from my peering
neighbours, I use an external script that grabs the info and give the data
to MRTG in the following format:

print "$dataIn\n";
print "$dataOut\n";
print "$uptime\n";
print "$description\n";

This is the correct format and I've been using it (and it worked fine) but
when I updated to mrtg-2.9-18pre3 (I don't know exactly what was the older
version I was using, maybe 2.9.13) when $dataOut is equal to 0 both
variables appears as 0 in the graph... I've test everything... I've written
a perl script like:
print "0\n";
print "100\n";
print "0\n";
print "0\n";

and get 0's in in and out but if I used:
print "100\n";
print "0\n";
print "0\n";
print "0\n";

the incoming variable is 100 and outgoing is 0... why? Someone can explain
it? Or if it's just a bug, where should I report it?

Thanks in advance,
David Manchado