[mrtg] MRTG Web Page Advice

Anthony Lai savedadogs at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 23:11:42 MEST 2002

Hi,

     I will be setting up a MRTG page for my company that will monitor several router and switch interfaces (over 50-60 interfaces). Should I be using RRDTOOL? In addition, I will have a webpage that will allow the user to choose which interface to look at. My page will also allow them to add additional interfaces or other OIDs to monitor (like temp, power,...). Should I use PHP or Perl as my backend for the page? I have used PHP before so I am more comfortable with it but I know that the majority of MRTG pages use perl. Can anyone give me any advice or point me to some examples. What have any of you guys run into trying to setup a monitoring page for your company. Thank you,

Anthony