[mrtg] Re: MRTG Daemon Process stopping for no reason

Garry Cook Garry.Cook at mactec.com
Thu Apr 25 18:50:46 MEST 2002

I've had a similar problem with my MRTG daemon dying when there are problems collecting data from a particular piece of hardware.
I graph about 150 routers, some with ~50 interfaces.
Due to this issue, I've split them up into several regions so that at most I would only lose the data in one region if a problem arose.
Furthermore, I've recently come to the realization that if I fork the daemon into as many processes as I have config files, then only one fork will hang, and the daemon does not die.

HTH

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/