[mrtg] Compiling CPAN GD-1.38

Don Harvie donharvie at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 29 14:37:51 MEST 2002

Hi All,

I realise that this is probably off-topic, but in defence I'm trying to
compile the above in an attempt to use Josef Wendel's MRTG Totalizer,
Hopefully that brings it on-topic enough so I don't annoy too many
people ;-)

I'm working with Linux RH7.2

I've got the libpng, zlib, freetype2 jpeg & xpm libs installed from
standard rpms.

I also had libgd installed from a RPM too, but I've since recompiled
GD1.84 having patched it to be dynamically linked. I've compiled GD with
support for jpeg, freetype & Xpm. It compiles & installs into /usr/lib
with no problems. As far as I can tell anything that uses GD, (Umm
mainly mrtg), continues to work with no problems.

Nevertheless when I run make test against the GD-1.38 CPAN library it
fails test 8. This is what I get:

[root at simplon GD-1.38]# make test TEST_VERBOSE=1
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 -e 'use
Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=1; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/GD................1..10
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
ok 5
ok 6
ok 7
not ok 8
ok 9
ok 10
FAILED test 8
        Failed 1/10 tests, 90.00% okay
Failed Test Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/GD.t                        10    1  10.00%  8
Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/10 subtests failed, 90.00% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 29

Has anyone come across this before? What could I be doing wrong?

Any & all assistance will be gratefully received.
--
Thanks,
Don Harvie				  Ph +61 2 9882 5963