[mrtg] Re: where to put mib oid files

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Thu Aug 8 16:47:02 MEST 2002

David,

Maybe not the answer to your question, but as long as you don't mind to
use the oid's in number format in the MRTG config files you don't need
the mib files.
In cases that configmaker will not work I use getif with the apropriate
MIB-files to look which oid I actualy need. Since getif shows both
number and name format it is a peace of cake to copy the oid numbers
into an mrtg config file.

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Winter [mailto:dwinter at planetele.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 3:51 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] where to put mib oid files

So once you have found the MIB or OID files, do you put them in your
working dir for mrtg?

Should I change the extensions or anything?

What do I put in the cfg file to 'loadl' the mibs?

I have looked in the documentation already and the solution eludes me.
thanks!

David Winter
Senior Network Engineer
Planetele