[mrtg] Re: How to convert .log to .rrd

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 8 20:01:23 MEST 2002

Today PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> Are you saying there are no .rrd files?  When you start collecting
> data and storing it in the RRD, as long as you are using MRTG
> to collect the data, the .log data will automatically populate the
> .rrd.
>
> Specifically, the "log2rrd" script converts the file, leaving the .log and .old files behind.

note the log2rrd script has been fahr surpassed by a similar
function integrated in mrtg propper ... mrtg will automagically
convert any log files it finds into rrd ... the logfiles will be
untouched ...

tobi

> Paul

> Hi MRTG users, one doubt:
>
> I finally have mrtg+rrdtool+14all working together.  I read some tutorials
> and it seems like MRTG will do this conversion (.log to .rrd) by its own
> without having to setup anything, is this right?  Believe me I've waited
> more than half hour (Mr. Williamson recommendations) without luck.  I'll
> appreciate any tips.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi