[mrtg] Re: Thresholds

Simon Watts swatts at connect.com.au
Fri Aug 9 04:22:29 MEST 2002

You should not be passing THRESH_DESC to you script.  It is an environment
variable set by MRTG prior to calling the mrtgthreshover.sh script.

The environment variables set are accessed directly by your script.

It appears that you are running a shell script, and I don't know off the
top of my head how to access them from a shell script, but if you were
using perl, it would be like this:

use Env qw(THRESH_DESC);

Your perl script will now have a variable called $THRESH_DESC with the
value place in it by MRTG.

You will probably need to look into accessing environment variables from
within a shell script

Simon