[mrtg] Re: Weekly Max Greater than Daily

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Tue Aug 13 15:25:57 MEST 2002

I now see the same thing in the Monthly stats, with the max values one greater
than on the Daily.  I'm monitoring three PortMasters, but see this behavior on
only two of the generated pages, in both the Weekly and Monthly stats.  On the
third page, the max numbers for Weekly and Monthly are the same, which is what
I'd normally expect.  We're running mrtg 2.9.22 on Windows 2000 Server.
Options (default for all three) are shown below:

Options[_]: noinfo, absolute, gauge, integer, growright, unknaszero
Unscaled[_]: dwmy
WithPeak[_]: wmy

The only real difference in configuration for the three targets are:

MaxBytes[m-pm1]: 24
MaxBytes[m-pm3]: 23
MaxBytes[m-pm4]: 46

AbsBytes[] is not set on any of the three.  The middle one has hit it's max
during the 12 hours the script has been running so far, and it's the one that
appears to be correct.  Perhaps it's this and the MaxBytes[] setting which is
why the Weekly and Monthly max haven't been exceeded.

Jim