[mrtg] Re: Weekly Max Greater than Daily

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Tue Aug 13 15:48:22 MEST 2002

Hmmmm... I see the same behavior on some traffic graphs that I set up about 12
hours ago.  Do I not understanding the meaning of the max values in W, M, and
Y statistics?

Are these actually _average_ max values?  That would be more in line with what
I'm seeing.  The larger numbers might be explained by projecting (averaging)
the daily max values over a one week, or one month period.  This doesn't seem
to be implied by the default Legend3 and Legend4 legends, however, which are
stated like "Maximal 5 Minute Incoming Traffic".  That suggests that the max
values should be simply the largest single 5 minute sample taken in a given
time period.

Jim