[mrtg] Using mrtg-rrd.cgi on IIS, graph display problem

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 12:35:53 MEST 2002

Yes, I'm afraid I use micro$oft to run MRTG.
It has worked well so far, monitoring 25 routers, numerous servers, and now
I'm moving on to the Switches controlling the server farm.

New PC recently: Windows 2000 Professional (SP2), IIS 5.0, MRTG 2.9.21,
Perl 5.6
Built the CFG files, all running happily
It creates log, HTML and PNG files. All nicely browsable

Seeing all your comments about RRDtool, I thought I would try it.
Downloaded RRD & 14all.cgi
Installed, all working (why does the daily graph use AbsMax instead of
Maxbytes when you specify unscaled[_]: d?)

Thought that mrtg-rrd looked possibly better.
Installed (v0.5), runs up (use forward slashes and no drive letter in
logdir)
It produces the HTML with headings, max/min etc
The PNG graphs are created in the ImageDir
But on the display, the graph is shown as a narrow grey line at the top of
a blank area the correct size for the image.
View the PNG specifically by URL, and it views correctly. So the problem
lies in the display, not the production.

Any ideas?

The FAQ says 'check file exist' must be unticked. It is.
The FAQ talks about PATH_INFO and AllowPathInfoforScriptMappings, without
enough detail for me to do anything.
Anyone any experience?

Regards
Peter Glanville

This email may contain confidential information which is intended for the
required recipient only.  If you are not the named recipient you should not
take any action in relation to this email, other than to notify us that you
have received it in error.  If this email contains attachments you should
ensure they are checked for viruses before opening them.