[mrtg] Win2K Memory - More than 1 GB of memory

Cliff cliff at acsalaska.net
Thu Aug 15 11:19:12 MEST 2002

Hiya folks

This page talks about a problem with win2K boxes with more
than 1GB of memory:
http://snmpboy.msft.net/asp/perfmibhack.asp

My win2k box has exactly 1GB of memory.
(1024MB ...box counts to 1048576K)
Wondering exactly where is the cutoff.
Anyone sucessfully monitoring a win2k box w/exactly 1GB ?

I have no problem graphing hrMemorySize.0&hrMemorySize.0
which does me no good because it's the same thing twice.
So it seems to correctly report the total amount of RAM
to MRTG just fine.

I suppose I could pull 1 stick of RAM and reduce the box to
512MB and then see if it graphs correctly. Not my ideal
solution. But heck....I'll throw it in my Linux box!
If Bill can't really appreciate RAM then I guess he don't
need it.

Please do me a copy/paste of the mrtg config - much appreciated.

Thanky much