[mrtg] Threshold examples

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Thu Aug 15 16:24:17 MEST 2002

Since the thresholds portion of MRTG calls out to external programs when the
threshold is crossed, that leaves infinite possibilities for what can be
accomplished.

I'd like to see what you've come up with, or examples you know of on the web
that show what might be possible using thresholds with MRTG.  Scripts that
send emails, scripts that update red light/green light on web pages, etc.

Its open for total creativity, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel here.
If there is a good example out there, I'd rather steel from it! :-)  At the
moment I'm not sure what I want, so that's why I'm just curious as to what
all of you have decided to use.

Thanks in advance!

Eric