[mrtg] Dell Switch

Darryl Kegg Darryl.kegg at thehortongroup.com
Fri Aug 16 22:18:04 MEST 2002

Hi all, I have a rather strange problem with my Dell PowerConnect 3024
switches, I have created the configuration file using the following cfgmaker
syntax:

# Created by

# cfgmaker --global 'workdir: d:\mrtg\www\dell\op2stack' --global
'options[_]: growright, bits' --ifref=nr --no-down --show-op-down --descint
public at 137.2.124.1 <mailto:public at 137.2.124.1>

This creates a cfg file that works just fine and graphs all the ports on the
switch without a problem, this has worked for over a week, however each time
I reboot the MRTG machine (and the IP stays the same) I then get the
following problem when trying to run the cfg file and have to re-create it
with the above line in order for it to work again :

D:\MRTG\bin>perl mrtg op2stack.cfg

Daemonizing MRTG ...

Do Not close this window. Or MRTG will die

SNMP Error:

no response received

SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "137.2.124.1" [137.2.124.1].161)

                  community: "public"

                 request ID: -357771429

                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes

                    timeout: 2s

                    retries: 5

                    backoff: 1)

SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.1 ifOutOctets.1 sysUptime sysName on
public at 137.2

.124.1:

WARNING: skipping because at least the query for ifInOctets.1 on
137.2.124.1 di

d not succeed

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,