[mrtg] Re: Aggregate interface monitoring and the MaxBytes parameter

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Thu Aug 22 23:17:27 MEST 2002

Greg,

Thanks for your response. I suspected as much, but wanted to be sure.

I am creating a separate instance I guess. I have a separate .rrd file for each blade. I have a separate config file with high (>=5000) reference numbers that are aggregates. For example:

Target[switch_5000]: 40:community at switch + \
 41:community at switch + \
 .
 .
 .
 64:community at switch

for a 24 port blade. Is this the 'proper' way to accomplish the task? Is there a better/faster way? I am always interested in creating less load - I am monitoring several thousand ports.

-Will