[mrtg] Re: ifnum changes in Cisco routers

Shipley, Rob rshipley at state.mt.us
Tue Aug 27 16:31:17 MEST 2002

In most cases Cisco routers have unique ifDescr and switches have unique
ifName. I would attempt to run cfgmaker with --ifref descr --ifdesc descr
for routers. That should eliminate your problem with referencing IP
addresses.
I had problems with the index/ifnum changing randomly also, and ifDescr is
working for me on routers.
HTH
Rob S.