[mrtg] Setting Alerts by configuring Threshold Checking

Vaibhav Bawa VaibhavB at niit.com
Thu Aug 29 17:33:10 MEST 2002

Hi All,

Has anyone configured MRTG so that it gives out an alert when the monitored
value deviates beyond the defined threshold limits? According to the
"reference" document, this is configured by setting the option ThresProgI
for incoming values and ThresProgO for outgoing values.

I tried configuring the ThresholdI[_] option so that the Threshold value is
applicable for all the devices listed in the cfg file, but when I run MRTG,
it gives the following error

ERROR: CFG Error in "threshprogi[]", line 75: Threshold program ls cannot be
executed

The commands I specify within the option work well at the command line. In
above case I gave "ls" as the command to be executed. Any ideas?!!

Cheers!!

Vaibhav