[mrtg] Statistics Calculations [Newbie Question]

John Graves jhgraves at ddi-wans.com
Mon Dec 2 23:50:04 MET 2002

I graphed two Frame Relay ports from 1200 hr to 1200 hr 2 days later.  I am
looking at the MAX In & Out for both the daily and weekly graphs.  The
daily max In/Out is shown as 38.8k/28.3k with peaks in the 2nd 24 hour
period.  The Weekly Max In/Out are 61.3k/49.9k with peaks shown in the same
time frame as above.  I would have expected a 30 minute average to be lower
than the 5 min. average graphed as the daily figure.  Instead, they are
about 60% greater.

These relationships are true across 4 routers that I monitored for 48
hours. Any help is appreciated.

John Graves

Dynamic Devices, Inc.
781-245-9100

We make  your  data, data and voice, and data, voice and video connections
happen.... easily!