[mrtg] SNMP Errors

Alan Rader arader at finishline.com
Mon Dec 9 22:57:28 MET 2002

First off I was getting the error below.  I tried running a new config maker
on the device which are the results farther down with no luck.  It is like
the router has lost its descriptions somehow.  I have not updated anything
on the router.  I even removed my ACLs to verify nothing was being blocked.
GetIf works in getting info from the device from me.  SNMPUTIL from the
command line work also.  Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "x.x.x.x" [x.x.x.x].161)
                  community: "removed"
                 request ID: 1645496847
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 458
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.1 ifOutOctets.1 sysUptime sysName on
HYPERLINK "mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x:
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 1601
WARNING: skipping because at least the query for ifInOctets.1 on  x.x.x.x
did not succeed
WARNING: Could not match host:'removed at x.x.x.x:' ref:'Eth'
key:'00-08-a3-ae-41-a0'
ERROR: Target[2621_onecall_s0_0][_IN_] ' $$target[0]{$mode} ' did not eval
into defined data
ERROR: Target[2621_onecall_s0_0][_OUT_] ' $$target[0]{$mode} ' did not eval
into defined data
WARNING: Skipping Update of 2621_onecall_s0_0, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of 2621_onecall_s0_0, outlast is not defined
ERROR: Target[2621_onecall_f0_0][_IN_] ' $$target[1]{$mode} ' did not eval
into defined data
ERROR: Target[2621_onecall_f0_0][_OUT_] ' $$target[1]{$mode} ' did not eval
into defined data
WARNING: Skipping Update of 2621_onecall_f0_0, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of 2621_onecall_f0_0, outlast is not defined

This is what I get when running cfgmaker:

SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "x.x.x.x" [x.x.x.x].161)
                  community: "removed"
                 request ID: 1873378762
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 458
SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr sysContact sysName sysLocation sysObjectID on
HYPERLINK "mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x:
 at ./cfgmaker line 680
--base: Vendor Id:
--base: Populating confcache
--snpo: Skipping ifName scanning because HYPERLINK
"mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifDescr scanning because HYPERLINK
"mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifType scanning because HYPERLINK
"mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ipAdEntIfIndex scanning because HYPERLINK
"mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifPhysAddress scanning because HYPERLINK
"mailto:removed at x.x.x.x"removed at x.x.x.x: does not seem to support it
--base: Get Interface Info
--base: Walking ifIndex
SNMP Error:
no response received

Alan Rader
Finish Line, Inc.
Network Administrator
317-899-1022 x3529

This message and any attachments may be confidential or privileged and are
for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
addressee or intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, or disclose
this communication to others.  If you have received this in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it entirely
from your system.  Delivery of this message and any attachments to any
person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to
waive confidentiality or a privilege.  All personal messages express views
only of the sender, which are not to be attributed to Finish Line, and may
not be copied or distributed without this statement.