[mrtg] Re: All Green for my stats

Evan Platt eplatt at 3wci.com
Wed Dec 11 17:56:39 MET 2002

At 08:46 AM 12/11/2002, rafael e otten wrote:
>It seems that what ever I want to monitor is always "off the charts". By
>this I means that the pictures it creates has the numbers going to high to
>calculate. The "in" is like over 4000%. SO my picture is just filled with
>green to the top.

(Hopefully a newbie can help a newbie)...

In your mrtg.cfg file is a line:
MaxBytes[127.9.9.1_1]: 150000

(127.9.9.1 is my IP, yours will be different).

Somehow, MRTG 'guessed' your wrong speed. Perhaps it guessed 300k and you
have a 1.5 line? 150000 is 1.5 MB (a t-1). What speed connection do you
have, and what does your config file show for maxbytes?

Evan