[mrtg] All Green for my stats

rafael e otten rotten01 at cs.fiu.edu
Wed Dec 11 17:46:30 MET 2002

Hello

I am having a problem configuring MRTG.

Before I explain my problem I would like to state that I am a computer
science student, but I don't know too much about networking, so if you do
reply please try to keep it simple ( but not like I'm stupid simple)

So here goes my problem.

The problem I am having is not with the install. I have done that. My
problem is with my monitoring.

It seems that what ever I want to monitor is always "off the charts". By
this I means that the pictures it creates has the numbers going to high to
calculate. The "in" is like over 4000%. SO my picture is just filled with
green to the top.

I am just trying to monitor the traffic on my computer so to write my cfg
file I write on the comand line
cfgmaker public at 192.192.1.247 --output mrtg.cfg

* of course 192.192.1.247 is my ipaddress of my computer

then I start the monitering with the command:
start /Dc:\mrtg-2.9.26b\bin wperl mrtg --logging=eventlog mrtg.cfg

To sum up this email my question is what am I doing wrong that the
monitoring is off the charts (is it that I am passing the wrong
arguments into the cfgmaker?) or what do you suggest to fix it.

As stated earlier I'm trying to monitor my PC's network card.

Thank you in advance
Rafael Otten