[mrtg] avoid graphing zeros from Powerware

Paul Vaillancourt paulvail at surf.sno.laurentian.ca
Mon Dec 16 16:35:27 MET 2002

Hi all,

I am monitoring a Powerware UPS 9170, which every once in a while, is giving us
bad reads for some reason. It's returning zeros and passing them to MRTG, which
makes ugly graphs and setting alarm thresholds difficult. We are certain that
the zeros are caused by the UPS since looking in the powerware web based
interface data logs confirms it. It could be the firmware version of the network
card in the Powerware, or just a bad network card, or something deeper in the
UPS.

Nevertheless, I was wondering if anyone had this problem before or if you would
know how I could avoid graphing these zeros being passed on to MRTG?

T.I.A.
Any help is appreciated.

Paul.