[mrtg] Re: SNMP Errors

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Dec 16 16:51:46 MET 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:59:39AM -0500, Alan Rader wrote:

> If anyone has any insight on the below, I would appreciate it.  I have no
> clue and can't figure out why it just stopped.  I get the same error when
> trying cfgmaker on ver 2.9.7 and 2.9.22, so I don't think it is mrtg itself.
> But I am able to get info from my router via getif?

Perhaps MRTG and getif use another source port number and you
have a firewall somewhere inbetween (maybe on the mrtg host) that
does allow udp161<->udp161 and doesn't allow udp<random> <->udp161?

You could try tcpdump to see what's going on.
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit