[mrtg] Re: removing logo

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 16 20:32:00 MET 2002

Today Brander, Eric wrote:

> If Tobi felt so strongly about it, then why did he provide the NOBANNER
> option?  I use the NOBANNER option in all my configs, but I do give credit
> to Tobi and MRTG elsewhere in the site.  Its just not needed to have that
> banner on every page.  Maybe he just wants a clean looking graph to show his
> bosses.. what do they need to know about MRTG?  Besides, this is not a list
> on ethics discussion, its for peer support on the product.
>
> BTW, no editing of the MRTG script is needed to remove all reference to it.
> So not only did you reply with useless info, it wasn't even correct useless
> info.

Folks,

What counts for me is the intention. If you want to edit the look
of the pages and put the credit in another place on the page or
your site, this is fine with me ...

If you just remove the credit this is not so fine (ethicaly)

cheers
tobi

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286